Studio Assistant – CLOSED
I am looking for a motivated individual who will make the ideal fit to our growing team.
Positive energy, passion for the arts and flexibility is a must.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and knowledge behind the scenes of an art studio, while contributing to a growing business.
There will be weekly tasks to complete and will vary from week to week.
At the moment this position is based on the barter system. For every hour of work put forth, you will gain an hour of studio time. This can be used towards workshops, courses and art retreats. Within time, this position has the opportunity to lead to a paid one.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Work with InDesign templates to create promotional content and class content.
- Schedule social media posts promoting upcoming events.
- Work with social media platforms to curate content for scheduled posts.
- Using already created content, prepare and send out eblasts using mailchimp.
- Send emails from already created content (ie: workshop reminders).
- Work with excel spreadsheets to record registrations from word press website.
- Work with excel spreadsheets to record inventory of art pieces.
- Package greeting cards, prints and prepare them for shops and galleries.
- Prepare studio for workshops, classes and retreats.
- Assists with special studio shows and events.
Additional duties may be added over time.
The studio assistant position will entail an average of 2-4 hours of work a week, with hours being completed on a schedule suited for both parties. A computer will be provided for your use when completing the above tasks at the studio.
All hours must be completed within the studio.
If you are interested in the studio assistant position, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, introducing yourself and any previous experience that will be an asset to this position.
Resumes are not required but are preferred.