Printed Fabric Care
To ensure your printed fabric has a long life, here are a few tips to help!
- Hand washing your fabric or on a gentle cycle with similar fabrics will help extend their vibrancy. Using cold water is always an asset.
- Use gentle fabric detergents and avoid any harsh chemicals or bleach.
- Material can be safely ironed.
- With pieces that have been naturally dyed (black walnuts, turmeric, etc), colours may fade over time, due to washing, light and overall wear. If within time you would like your piece to be freshened up, please send me a message and for $5 I can re-dye it for you.
Even though this fabric is to be treated with care for longevity, I have machine washed my own kerchief and place it in the dryer several times, without any damage. It has also come in handy to keep my hair up during sweaty workouts without fail. So don’t worry too much 😉
Here are a questions people often ask, which I thought may be helpful to share in case you may have the same ones.
If you do have a question, please don’t hesitate on sending me a message.
- How do I wash my printed fabric?
Hand washing your fabric or on a gentle cycle with similar fabrics will help extend their vibrancy. Using cold water is always an asset.
You can use a washing machine to wash your fabric, please make sure it is on a gentle cycle to be safe with cold water.
- Can I iron my fabric?
Yes, I used a special fabric ink that is safe to iron. If you still feel nervous, flip your fabric over and iron on the *non printed* side.
- Do you take custom requests?
I most certainly do, please send me a message and we can begin discussing your project right away.