Printed on naturally dyed muslin fabric with fabric ink
Approximately 21″ x 21″
- Each kerchief is made out of hand dyed muslin cloth using black walnuts.
- Featuring an original hand craved relief print by yours truly, of fungi.
- Hand sewn edges to keep from fraying, using the blanket stitch.
- Hand washing is recommended to ensure a long life for your kerchief.
- Due to the natural dye and handmade element, please note no two kerchiefs are alike.
This fungi kerchief has been created entirely by hand, with the utmost amount of love and care.
We begin our journey by sustainably collecting black walnuts, it’s important to never take more than 10% of a natural resource within its area. Using 100% muslin cloth as the fabric of choice, black walnuts are then used to naturally dye the material.
Once the fabric is dyed, work on creating a unique design to print begins. This fungi design was then hand carved to create a relief print, to be stamped repeatedly onto the fabric.
The kerchief is then hung to dry for a weeks time, this allows the fabric safe ink to cure. It is then washed and pressed to begin sewing the edges with a blanket stitch for completion.
Complete instructions on caring your kerchief and to ensure a long life.
Want to skip shipping and have free pick up instead?
Free pickup is available for those, wishing to pick up their item in the city of Peterborough!
Simply click on the Local Pickup option upon check out and I will send you an email to arrange a time, that is convenient for us both.